Carrot & Potato Fritters can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch or as an easy dinner. They can easily be made egg-free for those who are vegan or have egg allergies.
Carrot & Potato Fritters (Vegan Option)
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked (see vegan options below)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder or seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-2 medium potatoes (300g), coarsely grated
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- Lightly whisk eggs.Combine with flour, cumin, garlic, coriander, spring onion, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Grate the potatoes and carrots, squeezing out any excess water.
- Then add grated potatoes and carrots to egg mixture and combine well.
- Heat a small amount of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place large spoonful’s of the mixture into the pan and gently fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Serve with a cucumber and mint yogurt dip (like tzatziki or raita) and crispy salad.
Make it Vegan
Make it vegan by substituting the eggs for either:
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup chickpea (besan) flour combined in 1 cup of water or non-dairy milk (omit egg and flour)