WELCOME TO JOYFUL EATING
I’m overjoyed you’ve stopped by to learn more about me and Joyful Eating.
It is my deepest hope that through my work, I can help you relax your eating rules and learn to listen to and trust your own body.
I believe that eating shouldn’t be confusing, stressful, anxiety-provoking or a source of guilt and shame. I believe that nourishing your body can be one of life’s joys!
If you’re sick of attempting to control your eating or restricting and depriving yourself to fail yet again another diet, you’re in the right place. If you’re ready to explore another way of caring for yourself without a focus on your weight, you’re in the right place.
About Me, Tansy
Author | Mindfulness Blogger | Nutritionist
specialising in a non-diet and mindful eating approach
Tansy Boggon, ANutr (Associate Nutritionist – The Nutrition Society of Australia), BAppSc(Hons), GCertHumNutr
I am an author, mindfulness blogger, recipe developer and university-qualified nutritionist with a passion for inspiring people to enjoy eating to nourish their body and for the pure pleasure of it—because I believe that eating is one of life’s joys.
I believe feeding ourselves shouldn’t be about deprivation, counting calories or portion control, which I believe do more to sabotage our health and happiness. It is my belief, through personal experience, exploration of the scientific literature and working with clients, that when we relax our diet rules and focus on the experience of eating, we can nourish our bodies in an intuitive and joyful way.
Through nutrition counselling, writing and workshops, I aim to demystify diet and nutrition myths, dispel confusion and ease the anxiety often associated with eating. I want to promote a joyful attitude towards food, irrespective of a person’s weight or size—because these aren’t accurate measures of health and happiness anyway!
I have experience providing one-on-one and group coaching, workshops, writing food and nutrition articles and recipe development. I incorporate a non-dieting approach, mindful eating, eating psychology, a passion for cooking and a love of eating into my work. You can find me sipping a latte, drooling over cookbooks, tapping away at my laptop or chopping veggies in the kitchen—all are joys to me!
Work with Me
I offer private nutrition counselling sessions for those ready to form a healthy and joyful relationship with food and ditch diets forever.
Writing and Recipe Development
I love writing! I love the feeling of tapping away at my keyboard and expressing myself with more consideration and reflection than is possible face-to-face.
Hey, I love writing so much and am so committed to helping people free themselves of diets that I write for the joy of it! I write a regular blog on this site and share some of my tried and tested recipes.
However, to spread the message of Joyful Eating and to inspire creativity in the kitchen, I write on other platforms. I write a weekly recipe with an associated nutrition message for New World supermarkets in Christchurch, New Zealand. I have also had work published on various wellness websites such as The Wellness Report, Yoga Journal Singapore (now Yogahood Online) and Balanced Living Asia.
I’d like to write more. So, if you’d like a guest post or are looking for a regular contributor to your magazine, newsletter or other written medium, get in touch.
- Graduate Certificate of Human Nutrition – Deakin University
- Nutrition Psychology – Cadence Health
- Certificate in Nutrition – Cadence Health
- Wellness Coaching Level 1 & Level 2 – Wellness Coaching Australia
- Health Promotion Short Course – Monash University
- Certified Raw Food Chef – Seeds of Life Bali
- Certified ZoneHigh Coach & Facilitator – ZoneHigh
- Mat Pilates Instructor – The Australian Pilates Academy
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training – First Choice Institute of Technology QLD
- Graduate Certificate in Education (University Teaching) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Applied Environmental Science (1st Class Honours) – University of Queensland
- Eating Disorder Coach – Recovered Living New Zealand
- Nutritionist Coordinator – Foodstuffs
- In-store Nutritionist – New World
- Eating Issues Support Officer – The Eating Issues Centre (now Eating Disorders Queensland)
- Business Development Officer – Wellness Coaching Australia
- Nutritional Coach – Goodlife Health Club
- Centre Manager – Health Align
- The Nutrition Society of Australia
- The Nutrition Society of New Zealand
- New Zealand Food Writers