Vegan Cauliflower Gratin is a ‘cheesy’ delight for those who choose to eat vegan or avoid dairy. Enjoy it as the main dish or alongside a protein-rich salad.
Vegan Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 quantity Dairy-Free ‘Cheese’ Sauce
- ½ cup Vegan Parmesan ‘Cheese’
- Pre-heat oven at 180oC.
- Cut cauliflower into large florets and steam until tender but still firm.
- Once cooked, combine cauliflower with Dairy-Free ‘Cheese’ Sauce and place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan ‘Cheese’ and bake for 30 minutes, until top browned and 'cheese' sauce bubbles.
- Enjoy with a side salad containing beans or other protein-rich ingredients for a balanced meal. Or have it alongside mains.
Need some guidance on how to steam cauliflower?
Generally, I steam cauliflower by placing the cut florets into a steamer basket or insert over about an inch of boiling water with a generous pinch of salt; ensuring that insert is above the water. It takes about 10-15 minutes to steam, covered. For the above recipe, I’d cook it a little less, say 8-10 minutes. So that it doesn’t become overcooked and soggy.
Note, I don’t make any money out of the above links. I simply provide them so you can see what I’m talking about!
Have you tried Vegan Cauliflower Gratin?
I’d love to hear whether you’ve tried this recipe; maybe you could share modifications or other dishes you served it with.