Lentil quinoa salad can be satisfying enough as a complete meal as it is high in protein and fibre with the combination of lentils, quinoa, cashews and vegetables.
How to serve lentil quinoa salad
Lentil quinoa salad is best served cold, straight from the fridge, or at room temperature.
It can be served on its own or is delicious served with:
- fish or chicken
- crumbled feta
- slices of grilled halloumi
- toasted pita bread
- mint yogurt dressing
Lentil Quinoa Salad
Ingredients – Salad
- 1 cup canned brown lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa cooked (~ ¼ cup uncooked)
- 1 cup fresh mint coriander or basil, chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced red capsicum or tomato
- ¼ cup cashew pieces
- 6 dates thinly sliced (or ¼ cup currants)
Ingredients – Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup honey or brown sugar
- juice of a lemon
- pinch salt and pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir dressing through the salad. Enjoy!
Unsure how to cook quinoa? Check out my recipe for cooked quinoa.
How long does lentil quinoa salad last in the fridge?
This salad will keep in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
If you intend to keep it for a few days or eat it a few days after making it, add the cucumber and tomato immediately before serving so they stay fresh and don’t soften.
Did you make this recipe?
Want to try other salad recipes with quinoa?
Check out my other salad recipes that contain quinoa:
Alternatively, you can invent your own satisfying meal-worthy salad. Try following my formula for delicious and satisfying grain bowls, which can include quinoa.