A carrot salad recipe that has chomp and a sweet tartness with the additions of cranberries.
If you’re looking for a salad that is a bit different and has some flair that will have people talking (or at least saying, mmmm…) at the dinner table, I highly recommend this salad.
It’s got chomp to it, which is always the case with raw carrot. However, it’s got even more chomp with the addition of coconut and nuts.
Then there is a sweet tartness of the cranberries, lemon or orange and honey.
It’s sure is a winning combination for something a little different or festive.
Try alongside chicken, turkey or tempeh.
Coconut Carrot Salad with Cranberries
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 cup cranberries currants, sultanas or raisins
- ½ cup walnuts pecans, slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated or shaved
- 2 tablespoons parsley mint, coriander or spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 lemon juiced (or orange)
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients. If the honey is too thick you may need to warm it a little to combine through.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss.
Looking for other festive recipes?
This salad makes for a delicious Christmas salad, as does my Green Bean Salad with Toasted Almonds and Feta.
Let me know if you try it!