A raw carrot salad with chomp and sweet tartness with the addition of coconut and cranberries.
If you’re looking for a salad that is a bit different and has some flair that will have people talking (or at least saying, Mmmm…) at the dinner table, I highly recommend this salad.
How does this carrot salad taste?
This salad has chomp, which is always the case with raw carrots. However, it’s got even more chomp with coconut and nuts.
Then there is a sweet tartness of the cranberries, lemon or orange and honey.
It sure is a winning combination for something a little different or festive.
Why a raw carrot salad recipe
I first developed this recipe when I was following a raw food diet, which I no longer do.
Now, I don’t follow any diet and advocate for a non-diet and joyful approach to food.
Quite simply, there is no perfect way to eat or any diet or food that will cure all that ails you, despite the diet and lifestyle program claims.
However, I am all for nourishing foods that are also delicious—which this carrot salad definitely is.
What to serve with this carrot and cranberry salad
Try alongside roasted chicken or turkey, meatloaf or tempeh.
This salad has a festive flair. So it is a great side dish to serve at Christmas.
Have you made this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe.
Looking for other festive recipes?
This salad makes for a delicious Christmas salad, as does my Green Bean Salad with Toasted Almonds and Feta.
Making satisfying, tasty and nourishing salads is one of my favourite things to do. So, I will continue to share more salad recipes with you. You’re welcome!
Raw Carrot Salad with Coconut and Cranberries
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 cup cranberries currants, sultanas or raisins
- ½ cup walnuts pecans, slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated or shaved
- 2 tablespoons parsley mint, coriander or spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 lemon juiced (or orange)
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients. If the honey is too thick you may need to warm it a little to combine through.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss.