Steel-Cut Oat Porridge
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 large apple or pear grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries
- Greek yogurt, banana or crushed nuts to serve (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except for blueberries, in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes partially covered, stirring every so often.
- The mixture should become creamy, although it will remain a little chewy.
- Add additional water if the mixture becomes too thick.