In this recipe, the lemon and crunch of almonds give standard green beans a real lift!
Green Bean Salad with Toasted Almonds and Feta
Salad – Ingredients
- 4 cups chopped green beans, trimmed and cut to 3-5 cm long pieces (approx. 2 x 250 g bags)
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
Dressing – Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or powdered mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
Garnish – Ingredients
- ½ block feta (100 g), crumbled (or parmesan cheese, grated or shaved)
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds (raw or toasted)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, basil or mint leaves, minced or sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from about ½ lemon, for garnish
- Lightly steam the beans and pea until just soft.
- Meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the cooked beans and peas through the dressing.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with crumbled feta, sliced almonds, herbs and lemon zest. Enjoy.