A carrot salad recipe that has a sweet flair with the additions of cranberries.
Coconut Carrot Slaw with Cranberries
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 cup cranberries currants, sultanas or raisins
- ½ cup toasted walnuts pecans, slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated or shaved
- 2 tablespoons parsley mint, coriander or spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 lemon juiced (or orange)
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss. Decorate with orange slices with the peel on (optional).