Chia seed pudding is a scrumptious breakfast or dessert option that is free of gluten, dairy and refined white sugar.
It is so delicious you can enjoy it even if you don’t have any dietary restrictions!
Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
- 1 cup raw almonds (120 g)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients (except chia seeds) in a food processor or blender until achieve a smooth, milk-like consistency.
- Pour into a container idea for storage.
- Add chia seeds, stir in and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
- Eat as is, or serve with toppings such as fresh or dried fruits, nuts and seeds.
Image: chia seed pudding topped with pomegranate, bee pollen, blueberries and a wedge of lime served with chocolate bark at a Yoga Journal event in Singapore, 2017.