Banana pancakes that contain no flour!
These pancakes are made with three simple ingredients: banana, oats and egg. And yet, they turn out deliciously light and fluffy. They’ll also fill you up, providing sustained energy throughout the morning. Enjoy.
- ½ cup rolled oats uncooked
- 1 large ripe Cavendish banana
- 1 large eggs
- olive oil for cooking
- maple syrup or honey for drizzling over pancakes
- Place the rolled oats into a blender, food processor or grinder. Mill at high speed until you achieve a flour consistency.
- Add the banana and egg to the oat flour and blend together on medium speed, until you achieve a batter consistency.
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat and grease pan with a small amount of the olive oil.
- Pour portions of the mixture into the fry-pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or until cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey or any other sweetener you prefer.
Banana pancakes served cold (as leftovers) with Greek yogurt and berries.